Salary: Competitive Salary (DOE) Type: Permanent or Temporary
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? If you want to make a difference, read on.
At PSU Technology Group, you’ll be working for an industry leader, with exposure to a diverse range of technologies. You’ll be part of a team who design, implement and maintain large scale bespoke solutions to customers across the UK, and who rely on PSU to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.
We have talented individuals, great teams, a fantastic culture and we also have fun at work!
Want to be part of our team?
You’ll provide a service to our clients ensuring that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational; this involves you proactively identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems, and restoring service to clients by managing incidents through to resolution. Reporting to the SMC Team Leader, this role is a combination of on-going proactive monitoring and maintenance as well as business as usual 2nd Line support.
What you'll be doing
2nd Line Support
- Diagnosing and resolving a wide range of IT issues for clients both on site and remotely.
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving network, application and performance issues within the existing infrastructure.
- Assisting other members of the SMC team with technical issues and acting as an escalation point for issues that fall outside of scope for 1st line analysts.
- Working closely with the 3rd line Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) engineers, for support and knowing when to use them as an escalation point.
- Identify and carry out proactive actions, which may save both service delivery and the customer time and resource.
- To participate in the on-call rota as required.
- To undertake any other duties deemed appropriate by the Director of Service and Operations.
Resolution of incidents and requests
- Investigating assigned calls to identify the root cause of incidents and problems.
- Taking ownership for managing incidents through to resolution within service level conditions, and coordinating support from vendors where necessary.
Monitoring Managed Services
- Ensuring that the Monitoring tools are both up to date and accurate, in association with the Managed Service templates.
- Ensuring the Managed Service clients are fully protected through the services that we provide. I.E Anti-virus, Backups and Patching.
- Provide reporting to the Director of Service and Operations on the Managed Service status.
- A number of fully managed customers receive on-site support. It is an expectation of the 2nd line engineer to be able to provide this support.
What would make you a good fit for this role?
- An organised and energetic nature, able to juggle multiple incidents and requests at one time.
- The ability to proactively manage and administer the PSU Hosted and client on premise solutions.
- Developing and maintaining continual improvement plans for all PSU processes and support areas.
- Providing technical input when required, to the 1st line Team.
- Assists in the Technical Transition of new clients, providing and documenting environments for ongoing support.
- Some exposure of monitoring solutions and how to diagnose the data they produce, for e.g. SolarWinds or PRTG.
- Previous knowledge or interaction with Anti-Virus, backup and patching solutions in a managed environment.
- Previous use of Firewall/Router platforms, such as Fortinet, SonicWALL and Draytek.
- Good working knowledge of virtualization core technologies such as Vmware and HyperV.
- Proficient in Microsoft systems including MS Exchange and Active Directory.
- To fully understand Network concepts such as IP sub-netting, routing, WAN and LAN.
- Excellent problem solving and listening skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work as an individual or in a group.
- The successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
Join our expanding team and accelerate your career with PSU Technology Group today.
- Competitive Salary (DOE)
- Mileage Paid
- Group Life Assurance
- Corporate Eyecare
- Childcare Vouchers
- 22 days paid holiday (incremental with service) plus Bank Holidays
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for a role with PSU, please download the application form and submit it, together with a covering letter and a copy of your CV, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or via post to:
The HR Department
PSU Technology Group
1 Manchester Park