Salary: Initially £27K - £32K Type: Permanent
PSU's involvement with EDF-Energy goes back to 1994 and due to expansion we have a new opening for a Customer Support Engineer to join our team of qualified engineers based in Lancaster, providing support for equipment installed at Heysham Nuclear Power Station through to planned operational end of life in 2030.
Applicants should have knowledge of digital and analogue electronics extending back to the microprocessor era. Familiarity with electronic test equipment and PCB rework is advantageous, as is experience of on site servicing. Service experience on any of the following legacy computer systems would be beneficial: Digital, ICL, Prime, Bull (DPS6 systems), IBM and Data General.
Opportunity exists to develop test programs for ATE and construction of rigs to aid repair processes.
Test and qualification activities will form the basis of a training program to develop the successful candidate.
This position carries a high level of security vetting and the candidate must meet stringent customer security clearance.
- Excellent attitude and work ethic
- The ability to read and discuss relevant circuit diagrams
- Analogue and Digital circuits including testing, diagnostics and repair down to component level
- Experienced in the repair of electronic equipment down to component level
- Good electro-mechanical and fault finding skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Team worker with strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Clean Driving licence
- Educated to HNC/HND or Degree level
- Initially £27K - £32K depending on knowledge and experience
- Company Pension Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Corporate Eye care
- 22 days paid holiday (incremental with service) plus Bank Holidays
- Hours - 9:00 to 17:15 (workshop) changing to 08:30 to 16:45 (service)
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for a role with PSU, please download the application form and submit it, together with a covering letter and a copy of your CV, to: email@example.com, or via post to:
The HR Department
1 Manchester Park