Research by Kaspersky Security Network in August 2019 revealed that 47% of SMEs surveyed are still using Windows 7, despite it reaching its end of life in less than six months.
Interestingly, the number of SMEs using Windows 10 was also found to be 47%, so there’s still a long way to go to ensure all SMEs are using a supported version of the operating system.
With the extended support period for Windows 7 ending on 14th January 2020, it’s important that businesses take action to avoid remaining on an operating system which no longer receives updates and is therefore vulnerable to threats.
With only 4 months to go, the scales need to tip in the favour of Windows 10 rapidly to ensure the ongoing security of users.
Why upgrade to Windows 10?
- You will benefit from the latest, most modern operating system
- Regular updates will help protect you from security threats
- There are options to pay upfront or spread the cost monthly
- Avoid compatibility issues by being on the current version
- Benefit from all the latest features offered by Windows 10
- Windows 7 will no longer receive vital security updates after January 2020